Part of Fourth Element's OceanPositive Collection, the Hydroskin is a long sleeve rash vest made with recycled plastic bottles. The rash vest is designed to be worn either under a wetsuit and can help reduce chafing between your skin and wetsuit, or on its own, it provides an extra layer during cold water swims or UPF 50+ protection from the sun. Available from Sea & Stream in two colours
Fourth Element are committed to doing everything they can to preserve oceans for the future and with this in mind introduced their Ocean Positive range of swimwear and products.
Examples of Fourth Element's sustainable practices include:
- Products are packaged in compostable or FSC certified paper bags or cardboard.
- Their headquarters in Cornwall is entirely powered by solar power.
- Organic waste is composted on site allowing them to test the claims of compostability by packaging suppliers.
- Wetsuits which cannot be repaired or sold are either donated to charitable groups such as those introducing wounded servicemen and women to scuba diving and surfing, or scout troops, or they are re-purposed by local groups into book bags as part of a local young enterprise programme.
- They have their milk delivered in glass bottles from the local dairy.