- Shorter length stretch swimming shorts for men
- Drawcord fastening
- UV protection UPF 50+
- Improved chlorine and salt resistance
- 4-way stretch premium Italian LYCRA® (78% ECONYL® recycled Nylon and 22% xtra life™ LYCRA®)
- Lining: 88% Polyester, 18% Elastane.
- Compostable packaging made with non-GMO certified sustainable cassava starch
- Fabric made in Italy, shorts made in Mexico
- Machine washable at 30°C
Fourth Element are committed to doing everything they can to preserve oceans for the future and with this in mind introduced their Ocean Positive range of swimwear and products. Ocean Positive products were originally conceived a from recycled ghost nets and other discarded waste – turned into ECONYL® yarn to use in their swimwear and rashguards. They are constantly reviewing their products to add more sustainable fabrics and ensuring anything created is thoughtfully considered for its environmental impact.
Examples of Fourth Elements sustainable practices include:
- Products are packaged in compostable or FSC certified paper bags or cardboard.
- Their headquarters in Cornwall is entirely powered by solar power.
- Organic waste is composted on site allowing them to test the claims of compostability by packaging suppliers.
- Wetsuits which cannot be repaired or sold are either donated to charitable groups such as those introducing wounded servicemen and women to scuba diving and surfing, or scout troops, or they are re-purposed by local groups into book bags as part of a local young enterprise programme.
- They have their milk delivered in glass bottles from the local dairy.