The Puffin Billy Eco 15 was the first eco-friendly tow float to be introduced in the UK and has had an upgrade for 2021. Designed by swim safety experts, the PVC free tow float now includes rPET recycled plastic bottles with biodegradeable TPU.
Designed in bright orange, the tow float provides you with high visibility in the water. The float has minimal drag and the waterproof compartment allows you to take your essentials such as keys on the water.
A larger 25l version of this tow float is also available.
- PVC free
- Bio-degradable TPU & rPET (recycled plastic)
- Durable, abrasion and UV resistant
- Will not degrade in water or air
- Designed for optimised streamlining to reduce drag
- Bright orange to allow high visibility
- Adjustable leash and waist belt for attachment
- Dimensions: 60cm x 27cm (deflated)
- Volume: 15L
- Lightweight: 166g
The drybag is waterproof as long as it is used correctly, however, Puffin recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag before placing inside the drybag. The Billy Eco15 is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be submerged.
TPU is a polyester fabric that has been laminated using a process which is solvent free and low in toxicity which is claimed to be better for the environment compared to PVC.
Puffin are swim safety experts and outdoor swimming enthusiasts based in the Lake District in the UK.